Friday, December 14, 2012

Sweet and Salty Peanut Butter Pretzel Candy

 
Spark says these are "Crazy yummy!!"

2 cups creamy peanut butter, divided
3/4 cup  butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar, divided
4 cups  broken pretzels, divided
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) chocolate chips, divided

Line a 9X13 pan with parchment paper.  Spray with nonstick cooking spray.

Bean 1 1/4 cups peanut butter and butter until creamy.  Gradually beat in 1cup powdered sugar.  Add in remaining 1 cup powdered sugar, 3 cups pretzel pieces (I whirled them through the food processor until they were really, really small) and 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips.  I used mini chocolate chips so that they would hold together better but regular chips would work fine.

Put in pan and press down flat.  This does not spread very easy so use a piece of saran wrap to flatten while keeping your hands clean.

Melt 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and 3/4 cup peanut butter just until chips are melted.  Spread on layer in pan.  Press remaining pretzels into the top of the chocolate.  Refrigerate until hard or put in freezer.  Cut into 60 pieces.  Yes, 60 pieces, these are sweet!  Store in refrigerator.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mmm, sweet and salty is always a good combo. I've hated pretzels all my life and was afraid to try them but picked up a packet of the chocolate covered ones for my partner, the giant man-baby. I tried some and now, for some unknown reason, I love them. So now, your sweet and salty pretzels are making me want to inhale a whole lot of them down!

Thanks for linking up on Sugar & Slice Sunday link party. You've been featured! Hope to see you at the New Year's party. :)

Also, I couldn't find your party page or buttons. Do you have one?

-Lisa.
Sweet 2 Eat Baking